Has therapy seemed impossible with your schedule?
After a long day, the last thing you may want to do is make one more stop… therapy.
If traveling to a therapy session, finding parking/taking public transportation, and waiting for your appointment was taken out of equation,
would therapy finally become an option?
Teletherapy, or online counseling, is an innovative way of providing and receiving mental health services. It’s therapy from the comfort of your safe space, on your time. Teletherapy provides flexibility and comfort, literally meeting you where you’re at.
All the information you will need to get started will be sent to you ahead of time. Your sessions will be held through a secure, HIPAA-compliant, video platform.
Teletherapy provides a range of benefits in comparison with traditional therapy. The benefits of seeking research-supported teletherapy with a licensed therapist include:
- Greater access to care: Some people are unable to use traditional therapy due to physical disabilities, geographic location, or scheduling issues.
- Lower costs: Teletherapy may help clients save money on treatment. Clients are also likely to incur fewer therapy-associated expenses when they do not have to travel to receive treatment or pay for child care.
- High satisfaction: Users of quality teletherapy report high satisfaction with treatment.
- More privacy: People who choose teletherapy do not have to sit in busy waiting rooms but can seek treatment in the privacy of their own homes. For some, this alleviates privacy concerns.
- Better public health: The COVID-19 health crisis demonstrates that the ability to seek medical care at home can slow the spread of illness and protect vulnerable populations. Teletherapy allows people to get mental health treatment at home without risking the spread of infection during epidemics and pandemics.